Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

At the Gate Called Beautiful

At 3:00 in the afternoon Peter and John went to the temple to pray. When they entered the gate called Beautiful, some men carried a man who had been crippled since birth. He never knew what it was like to walk or run or play ball. Now he was a man in his forties and the only way he could get money to buy food for himself was to beg at the temple. Seeing Peter and John, he asked them for money. His eyes met Peter's.

"Look at us," said Peter. Anyone could tell that they were not wealthy. "I don't have silver or gold, my friend, but what I have I give to you."

Something amazing happened! I wish I could have been there. Peter reached out his hand to the crippled man and lifted him to his feet. The man grabbed his cane.

"In the name of Jesus walk," Peter said. The crippled man felt tingling in his legs, things he never felt before. His eyes got really big, he dropped his cane and started laughing. Then he ran and jumped, and he jumped and ran and praised God. The people at the temple recognized him as the crippled man who begged day in and day out, year after year at the temple. They knew they were in the presence of God.

Have you wanted to feel God's presence? You can by saying Jesus' name as Peter did. Did you know God loves you? He loves you just the way you are, but He wants you to be like Jesus, His son, who had no sin. He never did anything bad. Each of us have done bad things, but Jesus loved us so much that He died for our sins AND He rose from death to give us a forever life with Him and the Father. Will you believe this today? If so, pray this simple prayer:

Thank you, Lord Jesus, for saving me from my sin. Help me to live for you today and forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment