- Do not bully back.
- Tell an adult--a teacher and/or your parents.
- Avoid the bully. Take a different route to your locker or the lunch room or gym. If the bully is in your class, you need to tell the teacher.
- Stand tall and be confident.
- Do not allow name calling to get to you emotionally. That's what the bully wants.
- Use self-defense as a last resort--when you are trapped and alone with the bully. Make every effort not to let this happen.
- Realize bullies are usually insecure people and they use bullying to give themselves power. They may not come from loving homes and this might be their way to get attention. Jesus said in Matthew 5:43, "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: 'Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.'" As a Christian boy or girl, your attitude and prayers can make a difference.
Lord Jesus, I pray for kids who are bullied, that You would protect them. Help them make right decisions to be confident and tell adults. I pray for the bullies, that you would send someone to love them and show them a better way. Amen.