Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Show Respect-Matthew 8:5-13

A Roman centurion went to the town of Capernaum and pleaded with Jesus to heal his servant who lay at home sick and in terrible agony. When Jesus got ready to go, the centurion said, "Oh Jesus, no! I'm not worthy to have You come under my roof. Just say the word and my servant will be well. I know, for I am a man of authority over soldiers. I say to this one come, and he comes, and to another go and he goes. And to my slave I say do this and he does."

When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. 11 I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
13 Then Jesus said to the centurion, Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.” And his servant was healed at that moment (Matthew 8:10-13).

Think About It
The centurion showed respect for Jesus when he humbled himself before Him saying he wasn't worthy to have Him come to his house and when He trusted Jesus by asking Him to heal his servant. Write down three ways you can show respect to Jesus; to your parents and teachers. Then practice them this week.

Pray About It
Lord Jesus, I love and worship you. Help me to show You, my parents and teachers respect. Thank you for Your faithfulness of being with me. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment