Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Have Faith and Do Not Doubt

Early in the morning Jesus walked with His disciples toward Jerusalem. Seeing a fig tree, he went up to get some of its fruit but found none. It was not the time of year for it to bear fruit. Jesus said, "May you never bear fruit," and the tree withered.

The dried up tree astonished the disciples. Jesus smiled at them. "I assure you--if you have faith and do not doubt, you will also do what I did to the tree. Even more! You will be able to say to the mountain, 'throw yourself into the sea,' and it will do it. You will receive whatever you ask in prayer." (Matthew 21:16-22)

Think About It
Those who have hearts for God will want the same things He does. They know God is always with them--through the storms as well as the celebrations of life. Write down a prayer for this week about whatever is going on in your life, and pray it with your family or close friend.

Pray About It
Lord Jesus, I want to be more like you. Change my heart and help me do what you want me to do. I love you and I am yours. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment