Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Freedom Ain't Free

How many of you have someone in your family who is currently serving in harm's way? My dad served in the United States Air Force (USAF) and fought in the Korean war. The father of my kids served in the Viet Nam war, also with the USAF. More recently:
  • A niece served two times in Afghanistan with the United States Army.
  • A grandson served in the United States Coast Guard in the Persian Gulf.
  • A nephew served in the United States Army in Kuwait.
These men and women have been willing to give their lives for freedom. Many others have lost their lives. As you celebrate Independence Day this year, remember to pray for those who are still serving in harms way. If your mom or dad or another relative are currently serving at home or abroad, leave me a prayer request in "comments" and I would be happy to pray for them. Enjoy the parades, fireworks and food--and pray for our country, our freedom and our leaders.

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land" (2 Chronicles 7:14 NIV).

Father God, even as we see our freedom threatened, we know you are in control. As we humble ourselves and pray, we ask you to heal our land. Bring us back to you and give us your peace. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment