Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Jesus Believin' Roman Centurion

Dressed in his armor, a Roman Centurion,
Called on Jesus in the town of Capernaum.
He said, “My servant lies sick, at home in his bed,
Please come and heal him from his toes to his head.”
Well, the compassionate Lord Jesus got ready to go,
When suddenly the Centurion said, “Oh, Jesus no!
“I’m not worthy for you to come where I dwell;
Just say the word and my servant will be well.
“For I myself am a boss in command,
Of hundreds of soldiers at my right hand.
“I say to this one “come” and he comes;
And I say to another, “Do this” and he does.” 
Well, the Centurion’s words amazed the Lord Jesus;
He said to His followers, “Such faith I’ve not witnessed.
“Many will come from the east and the west,
To stand in their places at my heavenly fest.
“Some, surprisingly, will be left outside,
Where from pain and suffering they cannot hide.
Jesus said to the Roman Centurion,
“Go! Just as you asked, it will be done.”
Each one of us has a choice to believe,
Or to be left outside with hurting and grief.
So follow the faith of the Roman Centurion,
Believe in the Father, Holy Spirit and Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment