Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Here Am I - Send Me! (Isaiah 6)

In the year that King Uzziah died, Isaiah said, "I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of His robe filled the temple." What glory! The temple was huge! Can you imagine enough fabric to cover the whole temple?

Angels flew above the him, and they called to each other:

"Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of His glory." 
The sound of their voices made the doorposts and thresholds shake, and smoke filled the temple.

"Woe to me!" cried Isaiah. "I am ruined! For I have unclean lips and I live among people with unclean lips. My eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty."
Then an angel came to Isaiah with a burning coal from the altar and touched his lips. "See, this has touched your lips. Your guilt is taken away and your sin is atoned for."

The Lord said to Isaiah, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"

And Isaiah said, "Here am I. Send me!"

God called Isaiah to prophesy to the people of Israel, but they did not listen and God destroyed the cities.

Think About It
Following God was not popular in Isaiah's day and it's not popular today. Yet His ways are good and right and true. His ways bring peace and joy and love. Will you be one that follows God even when your peers do not? Even when your friends laugh at you?

Pray About It
Thank you, Father God, for the story of Isaiah. Teach us to be strong and brave, to make good choices that will bring peace and joy and love. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment