Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

The Big Give

Do you know what the big give is? It's Jesus. God loved the world so much that He gave His only Son so that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16). It amazes me to think that God loves us so much that He gave . . . He gave His only Son.

What do you do when you love someone a whole lot? Since we are created in God's image, I think it is natural for us to want to give. What will you give to God for such a Great Gift?

I've thought about this a lot and I decided a long time ago to give God my life. In return He gave me a purpose and that is to love others. Every day I have to pray that He will teach me to love as He loves and that He will help me become more like Jesus. Sometimes, though, I feel like Paul in the New Testament. He said he was the worst of sinners. How could God be pleased with my gift?

You know what? He takes my sin away and makes something beautiful grow in me. I cannot describe how wonderful that makes me feel. He uses the ugly things I've done to redeem others who have traveled similar paths to mine. I am glad I can encourage others who have had the same doubts and troubles I've had.

Think About It
I hope you will respond to God's Big Give by giving back to Him. Here are some suggestions:
Love others.
Give a helping hand.
Give a smile or a hug.
Give an offering.
Don't play favorites.
Be a friend to a lonely person.
Obey your parents.

Pray About It
Father God, thank you for giving us Your Son. Help us to love as you do and show us to be more like Jesus. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment